Elementor Cloud Review: A new way to Create and Host Your WordPress Website with Elementor Pro
It has always been your dream to make a website, but you don’t know how to do it. You may also already have a website, but you need a simple drag-and-drop website builder. Elementor Cloud can be the perfect solution in either case.
The maker of the popular WordPress page builder Elementor is now offering Elementor Cloud. It is the combination of hosting a WordPress website and Elementor.
Elementor Cloud is a new way to create and host your website. Elementor Cloud includes the Elementor page builder, hosting, security, backups, and updates. It is all in one place, so you can build and manage your website without worrying about anything else.
Why Elementor Cloud
With Elementor cloud, you can get excellent access to the high-end website hosting from the Google cloud platform. And you can also secure CDN with Cloudflare. Plus, you can ensure that any WordPress website you create using the Elementor cloud will be safe, reliable, and fast. So, you can go beyond and streamline the website creation process with Elementor Cloud.
Elementor Cloud Features
Let’s learn more about Elementor cloud! Stay with us and keep reading!
How Does It Work?
Elementor cloud websites allow you to create slick, fully hosted WordPress sites with Elementor. And within no time, you can design your website with Elementor Pro, and it doesn’t need any extra installation. Also, it’s simple to start your project and quick to end it. You don’t need to panic about privacy, set up, and efficiency. It will let you focus just on what you want to do.
What is included in the subscription: Page Builder, Daily Backups, Storage, Google Cloud
Here I’ll tell you what. There are lots of perks you can get with the subscription. You can get 100 GB of bandwidth and 20 GB of storage. Plus, it also offers auto backups after every 24 hours. And, for me, 100k monthly visits is a great trait. Not only that, you’ll get a free SSL certificate and secure CDN from Cloudflare. Elementor Cloud also includes a free connection of custom domains. Furthermore, you can get all the perks of Elementor Pro.
The Pro license cost is included in the package plan.
Pricing: How Much Does It Cost?
As it’s a complete package with an Elementor Pro license, premium support, and high-end cloud hosting, the cost is slightly higher than usual hosting. So, it costs $99 yearly for the whole package.
If you’re planning to buy Elementor Cloud, please use my affiliate link to purchase it. Absolutely no additional cost for you (I would earn a commission from the seller), but definitely a huge help for me, as your gesture will contribute to covering the costs of maintaining this website and adding more great articles. Thanks in advance for your support!
Who is the hosting provider?
It is built on the Google Cloud Platform. And all the top-notch websites use it for its high reliability and security.
Where are Elementor Cloud WordPress websites hosted?
They’re hosted on servers in Belgium. The Elementor Cloud handles all server maintenance, so you may concentrate on developing websites.
How many sites can I create on my account?
For the time being, you can only host one website per subscription. However, you may purchase extra subscriptions to create more websites.
What are the support options?
Yes, it does have premium support. You’ll find in-app chat assistance on the Dashboard and WordPress. It’s a big plus that isn’t accessible when you get Elementor Pro only in the less expensive plans.
Who are Elementor Cloud websites for?
Elementor Cloud websites are for anyone who wants to create a WordPress website. Plus, it’s perfect for those who want to use Elementor Pro and don’t want to worry about hosting, security, backups, and updates.
It’s an attractive package if you are a beginner with WordPress. No need to look for a hosting company first start with. I don’t recommend WordPress.com for beginners, which offers a similar service with hosting, but it is limited.
Are there hidden fees?
No, not at all! The subscription is a set price, and you must pay it yearly. And it offers all the bundles within their plan.
Adding a Custom Domain Name to Your Elementor Cloud Website
Well, you can quickly add a custom domain connection for your cloud website. It is done under the My Elementor dashboard. And, here’s how you can do it.
- So firstly, from the dashboard, go to websites and click on the “manage this website” button. It displays on your website’s card; from there, you can open the site details.
- Now, tap on the “add custom domain” in the tab “manage domains.”
- Next, you’ve to sign in to your registrar’s website account.
- And there, you’ve to edit your DNS records by adding the A or CNAME record. I recommend adding the A record. It is easier. Also, please read your registrar’s documentation for locating DNS tools.
- After that, remove the parked domain status. Parked means that once you buy a domain, it’ll appear in the list as parked.
- Next, you’ve to add an ‘A’ record. Directing a domain to point to your elementor cloud website is usual.
- So, the ‘A’ record will assign an URL to your domain as a specific IP address.
- Now, wait for the DNS changes to appear. It’ll normally take 72 hours, but it can happen within a few hours or minutes.
- Next, return to your website dashboard, and add your domain name without www, so it’ll be like, e.g., “anothercoolwebsite.com.”
- Then wait for the Elementor Cloud to link your domain.
- And lastly, you can set the custom domain name as primary.
Furthermore, you’ll get an SSL certificate for your website. Elementor Cloud will automatically assign it to your domain name.
And at the end, when your custom domain is ready, you’ll receive an email.
How to Back Up Your WordPress site
Yes, you can back up your website. Just follow these steps, and you are all good to go.
- Firstly, click on the card of your Elementor cloud website so that it can access your details.
- Now, you’ll see a new screen with your website details.
- So, scroll down, and select the backup now tab.
- Tap on the “create new backup” button to start a manual backup of your website.
- Next, you can enter a name for the backup and hit on the “create new backup” button to get started.
Also, the Elementor will automatically back up your site every 24 hours. The automatic backups are listed.
Migrate Your Website to Elementor Cloud
Elementor offers import and export tools so that you can migrate your website within no time. And here is how you can do it.
Exporting the Website
- Firstly, use the export kit functions to export your site easily.
- It’ll save you time in exporting the entire content.
- So, to use this function, activate the export or import option in the settings.
- Once you activate it, you’ll find the options located in the tools.
- Next, you’ve to choose whatever component you like to add to your export file. It can be site settings, pages, headers, etc.
- Then, all your components will automatically be checked for export.
- Now, click on the export button, which will automatically start exporting with a local zip file.
So, you will now need to switch to the new hosted account.
Importing Content to Elementor Cloud Website
- You’ll now import your packaged export kit from another site with the import kit feature.
- And to use this function, activate the export or import option in the settings.
- Then click on the start import button. And you’ll now see an import kit page.
- So drop your export kit zip file to the given area.
- Now, you can choose whatever items you want to import.
- And it will automatically check all items to import.
- Also, it depends on the file size and how long the process can take, a few minutes or seconds to complete.
And when it’s all done, it directs to your website dashboard. And that’s it; you’ve just migrated your Elementor website to the Elementor cloud.
What is the difference between the Elementor Cloud hosted environment and the Elementor builder?
An Elementor Cloud website, on the other hand, delivers everything you need in one package. It includes all of the features of Elementor Pro with WordPress installation and hosting. In addition, it offers a hassle-free quick setup that saves time in creating an efficient website.
An Elementor plugin, on the other hand, can only access all of Elementor’s fantastic features. As a result, you’ll need WordPress hosting with an installation to use this plugin.
Elementor Cloud ships with the Hello Theme from Elementor preinstalled, a clean, lean, & fast theme for SEO and enhanced user experiences. You can customize Hello in the way you want with maximum design freedom.
However, you may use Elementor Pro with many other themes. I recommend Kadence, Blocksy, or Astra.
Kadence offers a complete package of top-notch WordPress plugins. The Blocky theme is very solid and robust. Each of Kadence’s and Blocksy’s versions comes with a Free and Pro version. Read my reviews of Kadence and Blocksy themes.
Elementor Cloud Performance
The all-in-one Elementor is acceptable in terms of performance, but it won’t blow you away. It is a solution that may not exceed your expectations. Please keep that in mind.
For brochure websites and portfolios, Elementor Cloud offers plenty of performance. But for WooCommerce stores, membership sites, serious blogs, and so on, you’ll want to pay for more performant hosting (which will cost a lot more than Elementor Cloud).
Elementor Cloud does not come with a caching plugin, so I recommend installing one such as WP Rocket (paid) or WP Fastest Cache (free) to optimize your site’s performance.
What Elementor Cloud Means For the Future of Elementor
Elementor Cloud is a fantastic alternative for web agencies who want to concentrate on creating a superior site for their clients. Selecting a hosting firm for the website is less challenging once you’ve determined your options. It makes it much easier for the customer to take possession of the project after it’s finished.
Elementor Cloud will allow Elementor to expand its user base with this comprehensive solution. It will aid in strengthening its market position, mainly because WordPress is adding more and more Gutenberg Block with Full-Site Editing (FSE). FSE can potentially displace page builders like Elementor and Div in the future. I think it is Elementor’s way of staying ahead of the curve.
Elementor Cloud is an exciting development, and I am curious to see how it will evolve.
I think it has the potential to become a one-stop solution for website creation, including hosting, domain registration, email, and more.
Incompatible Plugins with Elementor Cloud
Elementor has a list of plugins currently not working with Elementor Cloud. Here is a list of a few of them.
- Beaver Builder
- Divi Builder
- Oxygen Builder
- Updraft Plus
- WP Reset
- WP Vivid Backup
Visit this page to see the complete and updated list.
What features can you expect in the following months?
- Email Hosting
- Domain purchase
- Kit to Website
Elementor already confirmed these features at a webinar for the product launch to developers in the coming months.
Is Elementor Cloud Worth A Consideration?
To be honest, it’s something I’d be personally interested in, and I see a market for it. It offers solid hosting and a complete website for just 99 dollars. That’s a pretty good deal. But, I would say that this is not an option for you if you’re an affiliate marketer or a blogger. And if you have a business or e-commerce site, it’s a good option for you. And it’ll be worth the money. Simply put, it’s standard web hosting and has the perks of being on Google cloud. So, unlike low-priced hosting, it will likely run much smoother.
Is Elementor Cloud a good deal?
Yes, Elementor Cloud is an excellent deal. For $99 per year, you get all the Elementor Pro features, hosting, security, backups, and updates in one place. Plus, it’s built on the reliable and secure Google Cloud Platform.
Elementor Cloud Review:
Pros and Cons
- Fast and simple, start building a website
- Elementor Pro included
- Hosting on the Google Cloud Platform
- SSL certificate from Cloudflare, not Letsencrypt
- Daily backups
- In-app chat support
- Lock-in, the website is not visible to the public by default.
- Woocommerce ready
- well pre-configured WordPress dashboard
- Only one website can host per subscription
- no email hosting, restriction to send 100 emails per day from contact forms
- Plugin limitation, migration, and backup plugins are not compatible
- Username admin pre-configured, cannot be changed
- Performance is not that great
My thought: Why did they decide to create Elementor Cloud?
Elementor Cloud is an exciting development, and I am curious to see how it will evolve. I think it has the potential to become a one-stop solution for website creation, including hosting, domain registration, email, and more. Elementor Cloud offers solid hosting and a complete website for just 99 dollars. That’s a pretty good deal.
Elementor may see the field of page builders as eroding. It’s because WordPress’ block editor is gaining ground in full-site editing. Elementor Cloud is a way to attract new customers, and Elementor is trying to stay ahead of the curve with new revenue streams.
For those who want a quick and simple website to create and utilize, the Elementor Cloud may be worth considering. Premium support with chat support is already outstanding. I’m sure Elementor will add more features in the coming months.
In conclusion, Elementor Cloud is a powerful tool that allows you to create beautiful websites without worrying about coding. With its intuitive drag & drop interface, you can easily build stunning web pages using nothing more than a mouse.
And because Elementor Cloud is cloud-based, you won’t ever have to worry about hosting costs. Plus, with storage space included, you can store all your website files safely and securely, so you never have to worry about losing access to your site.
Elementor Cloud includes the Builder plugin, which gives you complete control over your website’s look and feel. This means you can customize almost every aspect of your site, including colors, fonts, images, layouts, and more.
Please let me know in the comment section below your thought. Do you consider Elementor Cloud? You can also reach me by email at email@example.com